Rankings

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Pulled Pork












I smoked some butts this past weekend for some people and took a few pics. I started out with two 10lb boston butts since these were not gonna be used for compition I did no trimming I injected them with apple juice in a checker board pattern then just rubbed them down with a mustard slather and covered them with some rub.








After getting them rubbed down I fired up the UDS (ugly drum smoker) and dropped them in fat side up of course you want the fat to render down and help keep the meat juicy. I smoked them at about 275 degrees










After a few hours and the internal temp of the meat reachs 165 degrees i remove the butts from the smoker flip them and foil them. This allows the meat to cook in its own juices helping to keep the meat juicy.


I like to wait until the internal temp reaches 190 then I remove the butts and pull the meat it should be fall apart tender. you will be able to grab the bone and just pull it out.


Now the only thing left for you to do is enjoy the bbq.

No comments:

Post a Comment